Knowledgeable Fresno Attorney Works Tirelessly to Defend the Rights of Individuals Accused of Crimes
Thorough California lawyer handles a wide range of misdemeanor and felony criminal defense matters
At Luton Law Office in Fresno, I understand the challenges criminal defendants encounter and zealously represent clients throughout the San Joaquin Valley in a variety of criminal defense proceedings. With 25 years in legal practice, and having defended thousands of criminal cases, I can address every type of issue that may come up, regardless of how complex your situation may be. Whether you were charged with attempted murder, detained on suspicion of DUI or accused of assault, I will carefully review the allegations against you and explain all your legal options.
Experienced counselor uses proven methods to defend clients’ rights
Clients choose me to protect their rights because I offer:
- Accomplished trial advocacy — A good defense requires an attorney who is familiar with the law and comfortable in front of a jury. I have extensive experience in the courtroom and am skilled at presenting persuasive arguments.
- One-on-one counsel — I work closely with every client and ensure they remain informed and involved throughout their case.
- A track record of successful decisions — Developing a comprehensive legal strategy is critical in every criminal case, and my ability to build solid defenses has resulted in favorable resolutions for many of my clients.
I understand how overwhelming the legal system can be when you’re up against a criminal charge and will be by your side every step of the way.
Accomplished advocate provides attentive and reliable representation to San Joaquin Valley residents
I want all my clients to receive fair treatment from the legal process, which is why I deliver effective representation in the following types of criminal defense matters:
- Theft — Finding employment and a place to live after a theft conviction can be difficult. I am skilled at helping clients fight these charges and will aggressively challenge the prosecution’s case.
- Sex crimes — Allegations of involvement in a sex crime can have dire and permanent consequences even if there is no conviction. I know how to approach these cases and will forcefully assert every available defense.
- Identity theft — Prosecutors frequently take a hard stance in identity theft cases and penalties can include several years in prison depending on the specific allegations. I am adept at picking apart the government’s claims and work to help clients avoid unjust punishment.
- Juvenile law — There are several alternatives to detention for minors accused of misconduct, and I give special care and attention to every juvenile law case I handle so that your child’s future can be preserved.
- Violent crimes — Someone accused of a domestic violence crime, assault and battery or even homicide could face significant penalties if convicted. I know how these cases are decided and will ensure your side of the story is fully presented in court.
- DUI/DWI — Being arrested on suspicion of a DUI/DWI is serious, but many of these charges can be defeated even if the breathalyzer result exceeded the legal alcohol limit. I will pursue every legal avenue to support your defense, including seeking to reduce the charges or having the case dismissed entirely.
- Drug crimes — California has tough penalties for possession, trafficking and other drug crimes, and I will strenuously advocate for your fundamental rights if you have been accused.
I also handle post-conviction matters by helping those who are eligible apply for the expungement of their criminal record.
Contact a reliable California law firm to schedule a free initial consultation
At Luton Law Office in Fresno, I represent clients throughout San Joaquin Valley in many types of criminal defense cases. Please call 559-560-9770 or contact me online today to schedule a free consultation.