I CAN HELP
As both a criminal defense lawyer and former deputy district attorney, I have over 25 years of experience in criminal law.
I have appeared as defense counsel for people accused of Murder, DUIs, Juvenile Crimes, Sexual Assault, Drug Offenses, Burglary, Domestic Violence, and Prison Offenses. I have helped over 3000 people who have been accused of crimes, and obtained great results for them.
As a former prosecutor, I understand how the government puts their case against you together and will use that experience to help in your defense. I performed trials and obtained convictions in cases involving serious offenses, including: Attempted 1st Degree Murder, Rape, Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Arson, Possession of Controlled Substances for Sale among many, many others.
If you are arrested or charged with a criminal offense, you can rest assured that when you come to me, you are talking to someone who can handle it.
I graduated from UCLA in 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History. Following graduation, I worked a few years as a budget estimator at Paramount Studios.
After getting some experience in the working world, I moved from Los Angeles to San Francisco where I earned my law degree at Hastings College of the Law.
I joined the firm of John Barker and Associates, where I helped people who were charged with felony and misdemeanor matters. On my first day in court, I won a Possession for Sales case for my client at preliminary hearing. I won the Rookie of the Year Award for my first year of work there in 1997.
As a criminal defense lawyer with the Fresno and Monterey Public Defenders Offices from 1999 to 2006, I defended juveniles and adults charged with varied offenses from traffic violations to murder.
In 2006, I joined the Fresno County District Attorneys Office where I prosecuted matters from misdemeanor DUIs to Attempted 1st degree murder and rape.
- 1997, California
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Class of 1995, J.D.
- University of California at Los Angeles, Class of 1990, B.A.
- Attorney | Luton Law Office | 2015 - Present
- Deputy District Attorney | Fresno County District Attorney's Office | 2006 - 2015
- Deputy Public Defender | Fresno County Public Defender's Office | 2004 - 2006
- Deputy Public Defender | Monterey County Public Defender | 2001 - 2004
- Deputy Public Defender | Fresno County Public Defender's Office | 1999 - 2001
- Associate | John Barker and Associates | 1998 - 1999
Awards & Recognition
- Top 100 | The National Trial Lawyers | 2019
- Distinguished Service Award | Fresno County District Attorney | 2012
- Rookie of the Year | John Barker and Associates | 1998
Associations & Memberships
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice | Member | 2019 - Present
- Fresno County Bar Association | Member | 2017 - Present
- State Bar of California | Member | N/A